Type 2 plug charging connector type 2 ev socket
All prices incl. VAT
If you are a business customer, please visit our B2B shop::
- Walli electric car charging equipment | type 2 plug / charging connector | male | grid / infrastructure side | 11kW | 16A | 400V | 3 phase€94.00 *Delivery Time ca. 8 - 10 Wochen
- EVCABLE electric car charging equipment | type 2 plug / charging connector | male | grid / infrastructure side | 22kW | 32A | 400V | 3 phase€94.00 *Delivery Time ca. 2 - 5 Werktage
- EVCABLE | electric car charging equipment | type 2 plug / charging connector | female | car side |11kW | 16A | 400V | 3 phase€99.00 *Delivery Time ca. 8 - 10 Wochen
- Walli type 2 plug | electric car charging equipment | charging connector | female | 11kW | 16A | 400V | 3 phase€99.00 *Delivery Time ca. 8 - 10 Wochen
- Walli DO plug | electric car charging equipment | type 2 plug / charging connector | female | 22kW | 32A | 400V | 3 phase€99.00 *Delivery Time ca. 8 - 10 Wochen
- EVCABLE | electric car charging equipment | type 2 plug / charging connector | female | car side | 22kW | 32A | 400V | 3 phase€99.00 *Delivery Time ca. 2 - 5 Werktage
Type 2 charging plug | type 2 charging connector | Type 2 socket ev male / female | IEC 62196 - 3,7 kW / 7,4 kW / 11kW / 22kW - 16A / 32A - 1 phase / 3 phase
Charging plug type 2 / typ 2 charging power / typ 2 plug wiring
The Type 2 connector is defined as standard throughout Europe. The reason for this is that the "inventor" of the Type 2 plug, the German manufacturer Mennekes, has released his patents. In Europe you have a 3 phase mains and since the type 1 plug can only charge 1 phase, the type 2 plug fits better and does not lead to any phase shift. The type 2 plug is installed on the electric car side and with the type 2 plug you have several different possibilities to charge the electric car.
Either there is a cable on the wallbox / charging station and there the type 2 plug is female. This is colloquially called, because not everyone understands the term type 2 coupling or type 2 charging socket.
Then there are wall boxes, charging stations or charging stations that have a charging socket with type 2 socket. Here you need an additional charging cable with type 2 male plug to type 2 female plug. In the charging station, charging post, wallbox there is always a charging socket with type 2 plug female, because the voltage for charging the electric car comes from there.
In the international standard IEC 62196 all necessary data are described, where everything is recorded in detail. There the technical conditions are mentioned, maximum charge current, voltage and up to which temperature the connector has to be designed and much more. So you can be sure that you can charge your electric car anywhere in the world where there is a charging station with type 2 charging socket or charging cable with type 2 connector.
Buy the right type 2 plug
If you want to buy a suitable type 2 connector, then you need to know which application you have. If, for example, the Type 2 plug is destroyed by being run over or the contacts are no longer faultless after several years, then you do not have to buy the complete charging station or charging cable again, but the individual Type 2 plug would be sufficient here. Even if one always speaks of a type 2 plug, one should also know for which side the plug is needed. In the case of a charging cable, which is to be plugged into the charging socket type 2 at e.g. public charging stations, then you really need the plug here. If you want to change the plug to type 2 electric car, then you have to take the coupling here. At first glance there is almost no difference between type 2 plug and type 2 coupling. With the type 2 coupling the plug is somewhat larger.
Type 2 connector female type 2 socket
If the application case is that the type 2 socket on a charging station is defective, then you can also buy the type 2 socket from us. Due to the international standard the compatibility is no problem. Here you only have to know which charging capacity the charging socket type 2 should have. The type 2 socket you can buy from us is designed for 22 kW charging power and 32A current. If you want to buy another type 2 socket, you can contact us.
All type 2 connector electric cars
Text: David Brauer
Kontakt für Verbesserungen / Erweiterungen und Fragen: email@example.com