What does type 2 mean
What does type 2 mean ?
The Type 2 charging plug developed in Germany (also known as the MENNEKES plug) offers the widest range of services and the greatest flexibility. It is the most widespread in Europe and has been set as standard. The plug-in devices can be used both on the vehicle side (charging coupling) and on the infrastructure side (charging plug). It can be used to transfer single-phase or 400V three-phase charging power from 3.7 kW to 43.5 kW at a supply voltage of 230V (charging currents from 13A to 63A).
Due to the comprehensive electronic security architecture, Type 2 dispenses with movable contact protection in the charging plug and connector. The result: Charging connectors type 2 are durable and maintenance-free.
|PP||Proximity (Proximity Contact)|
You need a type 2 charging coupling or charging cable, for example. for the following vehicle models:
- Audi A3 e-tron, Q7 e-tron,
- BMW i3, i8, 225x, 330e, x5,
- Hyundai IONIQ,
- Mercedes Benz (all e models),
- Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid, 918 Spyder and Cayenne S Hybrid,
- Renault ZOE Z.E., Fluence Z.E. (from 2016), Kangoo Z.E. (from 2016)
- Smart ED,
- Tesla Model S and Model X,
- VW e-up! / e-Golf / Golf GTE / Passat GTE / Touareg Hybrid
- Volvo V60 u. XC90